Safer Drivers Course
The Safer Drivers Course is available to learner drivers under the age of 25 who have completed at least 50 log book driving hours*. The Course is designed to improve the safety of learner drivers as they progress to a provisional licence and drive unsupervised. Learner drivers who complete the Safer Drivers Course will receive a 20 hour credit in their logged driving hours which reduces the required number of supervised driving hours from 120 to 100 hours.
- Module 1 is a three hour face-to-face facilitated group discussion conducted with a maximum of 12 and minimum of 6 learner drivers delivered by a facilitator. This component of the Course is to build awareness of risks, decisions and safe driving behaviours.
- Module 2 is a two hour in-vehicle coaching session with two learner drivers and coach on NSW public roads. This component aims to reinforce and practice low risk driving strategies, as well as, the safe behaviours explored in Module 1.
Tweed Heads, Ballina, Lismore, Casino, MacLean, Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Nambucca Heads, Kempsey.
ACE Community Colleges is an Accredited Provider of the Transport for NSW Safer Drivers Course.
|FUNDED FEE||Free for eligible students|
|MODULE 1||Group Discussion delivered over 3 hours in groups of 6 to 12.|
|MODULE 2||In Vehicle Module, 1 Coach and 2 participants at a time in a dual control vehicle for 2 hours.|
|COURSE AVAILABILITY||Select from location options in the Apply Now section. If your preferred location is not listed please contact the College.|
|HOW TO APPLY||Select Apply Now, nominate your preferred course location and date, complete the Apply form, including payment (where applicable) and submit.|
- Class based instruction in safe driving practices.
- 2 hours in vehicle with a driving instructor.
- 20 log book hours.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current NSW learner licence
- Be aged under 25 years; and
- Have completed a minimum of 50 hours driving experience as evidenced in their log book (actual hours NOT 3 for 1).
Fee free participants must complete the ‘Safer Drivers Concession fee application form’ available from ACE Colleges and also provide evidence of their eligibility in the form of:
- Pension Concession or Health Care card applicants – the Learner’s NSW Learner licence, Logbook and valid Pension Concession of Health Care Card.
- OOHC applicants – The Learner’s NSW Learner licence, Logbook and Placement Confirmation letter from your care provider.
- DLAP applicants – The Learner’s NSW Learner licence, Logbook and Placement Confirmation letter from your DLAP provider.
- Unless eligible for a fee free place.