Do you need some help to practise your driving or get your logbook hours up? If you hold a NSW Learners Licence you may be eligible for up to 10 free driving lessons from ACE's Award Winning ‘Licensed and on the Road’ program. The entire program has been designed to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island and disadvantaged drivers to gain access to a vehicle and qualified driving instructors to practice their driving skills and achieve some of their logbook hours. If you’ve had at least 3 driving lessons with ACE before your test you can access the driving instructors vehicle to take your test in. For more information about the Transport for NSW Provisional (P1) licence requirements tap the link.
The course is delivered in these locations: Lismore, Casino, Kyogle, Ballina, Bowraville, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Kempsey, Nambucca Heads, Bonalbo, Tweed Heads, Maclean, Glen Innes, Woodenbong. If your town isn’t listed here contact us to talk more.
|FUNDED FEE||Free for eligible students|
|HOW TO APPLY||Select Apply Now, nominate your preferred location, complete the application form and submit.|
- Up to 10 free driving lessons with an ACE driving instructor to gain hours towards licensing to gain your Ps.
Adult and Community Education (ACE) Program. Applicants eligible for enrolment under the ACE Program to note that this training is subsidised by the New South Wales government.
- You must be at least 15 years old and no longer at school
- You must be living or working in NSW (or be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas)
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- $0 if you fulfil eligibility criteria and receive an eligible benefit or are a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person receiving a specified Commonwealth Government welfare benefit or allowance – see below
- $0 (fee exempt) if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or are receiving a Disability Support Pension or are a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person receiving a Disability Support Pension.
Age Pension, Carer Payment*, Farm Household Allowance, JobSeeker Payment, Special Benefit, Veterans’ Children Education Scheme, Widow B Pension, Wife Pension, Austudy, Disability Support Pension, Family Tax Benefit Part A (maximum rate), Parenting Payment (Single), Sickness Allowance, Veterans’ Affairs Pensions, Widow Allowance, Youth Allowance.
*The Carer Payment is a specific benefit paid by the Commonwealth; this category does not include the Carer Allowance or Carer Adjustment Pay.