The Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Driver Knowledge Test is the first step in gaining a Drivers Licence in NSW. ACE offers a face to face program to assist you to prepare for this test and gain your learners permit. In this class you will learn the NSW road rules and why they apply in fun and interactive ways to help you remember, not just to pass the test but also to make you a safer driver. You will be given opportunities to practise the online test with the support of your trainer. For more information about Getting a NSW Driver Licence tap the link.
Refer to the Apply Now location drop down for a list of course locations. If your town isn’t listed here contact us to talk more.
Units: Upon successful completion of assessment tasks students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for the units: FSKLRG004 Use short and simple strategies for work related learning; FSKRDG004 Read and respond to short and simple workplace information; FSKOCM002 Engage in short and simple spoken exchanges at work; FSKDIG001 Use digital technology for short and basic workplace tasks.
|FUNDED FEE||Free for eligible students|
|TRAINING MODE||Face to Face (classroom)|
|COURSE AVAILABILITY||GRAFTON 30, 31 May & 1 June 2022; MURWILLUMBAH 30, 31 May & 1 June 2022; COFFS HARBOUR 30, 31 May & 1 June 2022; LISMORE 6-8 June 2022; KEMPSEY 6-8 June 2022; TWEED HEADS 14-16 June 2022; BALLINA 20-22 June 2022; TABULAM 21, 27, 28 June 2022.|
|HOW TO APPLY||Select Apply Now, nominate your preferred location, complete the application form and submit.|
- Driver education in literacy, language and numeracy to assist with the Driver Knowledge Test.
- A Statement of Attainment for LLN competencies successfully achieved.
- Access to computers and staff at the College to practise the TfNSW Learner Driver Knowledge Test.
- Support is provided so you can attempt the TfNSW Learner Driver Knowledge Test on the final day.
At the completion of the program you will receive a Letter of Exemption from the TfNSW Driver Knowledge Test fee no matter how many times you attempt it for up to 3 months.
Adult and Community Education (ACE) Program. Applicants eligible for enrolment under the ACE Program to note that this training is subsidised by the New South Wales government.
- You must be at least 15 years old and no longer at school
- You must be living or working in NSW (or be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas)
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- $0 if you fulfil eligibility criteria and receive an eligible benefit or are a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person receiving a specified Commonwealth Government welfare benefit or allowance – see below
- $0 (fee exempt) if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or are receiving a Disability Support Pension or are a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person receiving a Disability Support Pension.
Age Pension, Carer Payment*, Farm Household Allowance, JobSeeker Payment, Special Benefit, Veterans’ Children Education Scheme, Widow B Pension, Wife Pension, Austudy, Disability Support Pension, Family Tax Benefit Part A (maximum rate), Parenting Payment (Single), Sickness Allowance, Veterans’ Affairs Pensions, Widow Allowance, Youth Allowance.
*The Carer Payment is a specific benefit paid by the Commonwealth; this category does not include the Carer Allowance or Carer Adjustment Pay.